As one of our residents, we want to give you the support you need during your tenancy. We do not just collect the rent, send it to the owner, and forget you exist. We are here to help and support you, so you are comfortable and safe in your home. Therefore, we put together a list of reasons of when you should contact us.
- Always report a faulty smoke alarm/detector. This is a major safety issue for your home. If you hear that alarm beeping, change the batteries, and if it still does not work, immediately contact us to let us know so we can have it checked out. Whatever you do, do not remove it from its location. The safety of your family and friends is of utmost importance.
- Always report an emergency. You may have had to act by immediately calling 911 or an emergency service, but after the danger passes, call us as soon as you are able. Although we want to take care of everything for you, we cannot put out a fire or any other emergency or disaster. Depending on what has happened, we may or may not be able to help you immediately, but we need to know so that we can start the process for handling the problems.
- Always report if you have standing and/or running water. Water can cause tremendous damage and create health problems. Do not hesitate, call us right away – we will send someone to check out the cause as soon as we can. Remember, we cannot fix what we do not know about.
- Call us when you need maintenance. In general, call us or better yet put in a service request through your portal when there is a maintenance issue. If you do not, it can turn out to be a bigger problem and then you could be liable for damages. So, protect yourself and help us reduce potential problems.
- Call us if you have an unanswered maintenance request. We do ask for your patience when it is a standard repair, but it helps us if you report when there is a standard repair and you have not had any response in 5-7 business days. We will find out what the delay is and report to you when to expect the vendor.
- Call us if you are experiencing neighborhood problems. We will do our best to investigate the situation and see what sources could solve these issues. We are not the authorities, but it may be that we can help.
- Contact us if you are experiencing any problems that could delay your rental payment. There are times when employers delay checks or have layoffs. Again, we cannot help you if we do not know the cause of the delay in paying your rent. Tackling the problem head on is better than hiding your head in the sand.
We sincerely hope this information has been helpful to you. Please share this will all other residents and don’t forget to call when you need us.